Wisconsin State Fair Setup, More Hot Cheese and The Journey So Far.

Living a Cheesy Life.


Washington County Fair, Wisconsin.

To attempt to stay connected to people when we are not in the same space, I send out email updates to my friends to try to keep them up to speed with my adventures.  As much as I try to not be totally anal about every word, it's tough to get away from it.  An email takes me 3 hours to write as I go over things again and again.  So, with internet for the first time in a number of days, I wrote to the group and am now running out of brain juice.  This is going to be more stream of thought than other posts so forgive any nonsense.

It has been another long day as we set up for the Wisconsin State Fair in Milwaukee.  We start on Thursday the 2nd and run through the 12th.  It is going to be a LOT of work and we will be busy as ever.  Last year the fair drew record numbers and we are looking at some nice weather so there may be more huge crowds.  Plus, the fairground is absolutely massive with a lot of cool stuff to do, so that will entice peeps to show up and spend some cash.

We are doing deep fried mozzarella sticks, cheddar nuggets, white jalapeno cheese sticks, blocks of swiss in rye batter and bacon and cream cheese on a stick.  And yes, they are all deep fried.  They are tasty but will clog you up quick if eaten in mass quantity.  Unfortunate but true.

Our crew has grown and we will mos def need the help.  After doing three festivals, Three Rivers Fest, Berne Swiss Days and Fort Wayne Pride, I am relatively confident that I know what I am doing.  The set up, prep and tear downs are the worse.  I enjoy the busy days in the trailer and this fair will not disappoint at all.  After this is done, I am headed back to Grand Rapids, MI and will hit my other endeavors hard.  It is my time.  I recognize it and am very excited to get going.  First, though I have to survive this fair.  An exciting proposition indeed.

We had a bit of a break this evening and I went for a good run, did a tough ab workout and some yoga.   People look at me weird sometimes.  It would be great if they approached and started a dialog.  Of course, I could do the same but I sweat a lot and probably smell a bit too (when I work out that is). Plus, I get so enrapt in the movements and feeling the different muscle groups working together, I tend to be "in the zone".  Ha.  After exercising and showering I felt amazing, as I always do after a good workout.  The natural high is as legit as they come.  My attitude is refreshed and I am ready for whatever may come.  Pretty astounding stuff indeed.

Hot Wisconsin Cheese is going to kick so much ass at this fair.  We have a good crew and are almost fully prepped.  Lots of cheese cutting tomorrow in preparation but it is all necessary and good.  Eleven straight days of insanity are coming.  Tomorrow will be the calm before the storm and Thursday will test our mettle to the the highest degree yet.  We'll have two trailers running in different places and will be slammed all day, every day.  There are some big names playing the main stage and that will help business for sure.

I'll do my best to document and share stuff as soon as I can, but my time will be limited.  Slipping away during the day is not an option, but there may be a few nights I can get to some internet.

I uploaded a ton of videos today, so please check out my YouTube page for some cool vids of weird and interesting stuff including a crop duster that almost ran us off the road.

Some photos here and more on my Flikr page.  I'll get more up soon.

We had a beautiful storm come through Milwaukee last night.  Got some decent photos and also made a vid.



Ok, more to come.  Pics below.  Peace and love to you all.

Thanks for reading.

Ryan

A beautiful backdrop in Berne.

Butterfly or moth?

Fort Wayne, IN Pride.

This guy!  Awesome!

Cheesy Girls.

Me Too!

The caravan on the way to Milwaukee.

Setting up at the Wisconsin State Fair.

Another reason America is so fat.



Comments

Popular Posts