San Francisco, Pride Parade 2012 and Unique Beauty.

I Love This City!


Although I had always wanted to visit San Francisco, it was only last November when I first had a chance to explore. Driving through SF while on my way to Portland, I was immediately struck by the amazing visuals the city has to offer. Having only seen San Francisco represented in pictures and film, I was unprepared for the majesty.  Driving in at night was a treat, but seeing the city in its full glory under the beautiful but chilly sun, I instantly knew this was my kind of town.  It is so amazing to see the beautiful people every place I wander to!  
With the brilliant architecture and very friendly folks everywhere, I definitely felt the differences between SF and all other cities I have been to. The diversity is stunning and reminded me that everyone is neither caucasian nor straight.  Thank the stars!  This is not the Midwest to say the least.

I wound up back there for five weeks or so in the spring and was ready to stay.  Although it is an expensive city to live in, as the Wall Street Journal explains and the rents reflect, I was going to do all I could to stay. Being the fortunate soul I am, my friend offered to put me up while I figured some stuff out.

This guy is my dude.  We have known each other for 20+ years and have stayed in pretty good contact despite us both living in different cities.  His name is Randy and he goes by the name Silence.  He is an artist, DJ and all around conscious being.  If you are interested in hearing his music please visit his Soundcloud page.  If you are digging the Plant Good Seeds shirt, please visit Awear Yoga and say hello to Jill Fox.



























Randy's awareness of truth has allowed me to find my own way.  Needless to say, we get along great and have managed to develop the most honest friendship I have ever been a part of.  

There is an epic back story here that I will share in the future, but I eventually decided I needed to get back to my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I hung out there for a few months, longing of a return to SF.  A couple weeks ago I was given the opportunity to go back and the city did not disappoint.

Visiting Randy as before, I learned I would be in town for Pride week.  I explored, watched the parade and saw some stunning sites.  Please visit my Flikr page for more photos, but here a few...

Drag beauty.

Jesus Christ?

BDSM. Gotta love it.

8th and Market.

Don't you ever forget it!


The not so lovely Park Merced.


Giants sweep the Dodgers.

Willie Mays statue.

San Francisco Bay.

Bay Bridge.

Towering above.

Downtown bocci!


I left a few days too early!

Thanks for reading.

Ryan

Comments

Popular Posts