Midwest Travels, Deep Fried Cheese and State Fairs.

My Month on the Road.



On Thursday July 12, I am getting on a Greyhound bus headed (eventually) to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Leaving from Grand Rapids, Michigan, the bus first goes to Chicago with a couple hours layover there, and finally arriving in Fort Wayne at 3:50 am on Friday.  The purpose of my travels are two-fold:

F'ing Adventure!
Raising capital for my life's calling.  

That mission is described in a bit more detail in the video below.  Please excuse the poor quality, but I had to get something out there to get this started.

It makes sense if you allow it to.

I digress...

Through the absolute power of Craigslist, I found a(nother) unique opportunity to travel and make some cash. Knowing that money is the only thing that slows my true vocation's evolution, this is a great opportunity to save.  Working long days is something I have not done in a while, as I have been enjoying assembling my thoughts, exploring different life options and not allowing my past to rule my present.  So there is some pent up energy in me that should bode well for Mr. Rob and his cheese business.
I will fry and sell these, but will not eat!
As far as I know, we will be travelling the Midwest, setting up our concessions at State and local fairs and slinging some deep fried cheese sticks.  The money is good, the days will be hot and long, and I suspect the people will be engaging and entertaining.  There will be many new connections made, thoughts shared and knowledge gained.  My mind will be occupied and I'll be able to visit places I have never seen before.  Pretty exciting stuff indeed.

With my absolute refusal to be stuck behind a desk, work a traditional job or allow myself to be unhappy professionally in any way, I believe these next thirty days will be uplifting, positive and enjoyable.  Of course, the attitude I choose to adopt each morning (or at any given moment!) will go a long way in determining my overall "success".  Currently my mind is in a suspiciously good place as I have been re-energized through some visits from important people in my life (please see my previous post).  I am quite content taking on any challenges that come my way while cheesing it up across the Midwest.  I will be starting in Indiana and finishing off at the Wisconsin State Fair, running from August 2 until August 12.  I may come back to Grand Rapids after that, but we shall see...

Regardless of how this all goes down, I will be documenting it and sharing through this blog and emails.  I will be taking and sharing video and pictures as well.  If you would like to be included on my email list, please contact me directly through my profile page.

Send me positive energy and thoughts!  I know I will receive them and they will assist in making this journey a positive and exciting one.  

More to come.

Thanks for reading.

Ryan










Comments

Popular Posts