Chase Bank Is THE Problem As Consumers Energy Is THE Problem, As I Am THE Problem.

June 1st is rent day. No problem, as it comes around each month about this time. A humbling feeling came about as I walked to Chase bank to retrieve my reward for my last number of hours at FSC. Knowing a large percentage of a recent deposit would now be 'undeposited,' the humbling combined with melancholy and a strange space came into existence from their coupling.

The teller asked if I had any big plans for the weekend. S.O.P., and a perfectly reasonable question. Fair and balanced, like Fox News. Honest even, demanding an honest answer.

"I am paying rent and counting pennies this weekend," I said as I signed the withdrawal slip.

Her smile disappeared rather suddenly as I met her gaze. I wasn't making a joke, just answering a direct question with a direct answer, but without the social tact that should be associated with a non-personal, personal interaction.

My head raged. Inside I boiled, my mind hearing my coice as clearly and loudly as if I had shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Lady, you are the problem!" my mind shouted.

More noise from up top: "I am the problem!" "My money is used for your needs, yet I continue to give and give." "What do I get? What should I get? What should I do? Whatever is there to do?"

Picking battles is much more difficult than picking a shirt for the day.

MTC.

Ryan





Comments

Popular Posts